The Canadian Nationalist Party is today warning the public about the federal government’s ongoing effort to de-legitimize the nationalist movement in Canada under Justin Trudeau. This time, they have employed Elections Canada to allow people to use our corporate name and run in elections under our constituency without legal right to do so.
This is identity fraud:
Gus Stefanis, who has setup a website and stood for nomination under our corporate name, is not an active member of the Canadian Nationalist Party nor do they have the legal right to use our name.
The Canadian Nationalist Party was registered under the Not-for-profit Corporations Act in January of 2018 and remains under the sole directorship of Travis Patron. Travis Patron is both the founder and current leader of the Canadian Nationalist Party.
For another person to use our corporate name in such a manner as Gus Stefanis has, is a criminal liability under section 403 the Criminal Code of Canada:
Criminal Code of Canada
- 403 (1) Everyone commits an offence who fraudulently personates another person, living or dead,
- (a) with intent to gain advantage for themselves or another person;
- (b) with intent to obtain any property or an interest in any property;
- (c) with intent to cause disadvantage to the person being personated or another person; or
- (d) with intent to avoid arrest or prosecution or to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice.
- Punishment(3) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection (1)
- (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years; or
- (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
While it is true that Gus Stefanis stood as a candidate for member of parliament in the riding of Scarborough-Guildwood during the 43rd Federal Election, he was discharged from the Canadian Nationalist Party shortly thereafter (August 11th, 2020).
We discourage any person from affiliating with an organization that is illegally using the Canadian Nationalist Party corporate name. Failure to do so may result in criminal prosecution pursuant section 403 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The Canadian Nationalist Party website remains www.nationalist.ca and our email firstname.lastname@example.org.